Monday 21 September 2009

Construction

A MAJOR PROBLEM HAS ARISEN

BearTrap have split up, about a week before I was meant to start filming the music video. Thankyou God for testing me, but I'm afraid that I shall still succeed.

I have now got to take into account the fact that I can no longer film the house party, and need to work out what I can now do to make the music video. I've shot footage at Bar Mondo in Dartford where they played a live set, and at the interview I shot the band during their live rehearsal.



This is my final submitted video. Given the circumstances, I've had to re-adjust most of the storyboards and this is what I've produced; still following the conventions of the Punk Rock genre, the video includes heavily edited, quick-paced live sequences within rehearsals and the gig played in Dartford. I gained inspiration from a few videos that I'd seen linked to the genres of my chosen band, and these were the band "Slipknot" with "Psychosocial", as well as "Gallows" with "In The Belly of a Shark" - the crossover of fast-paced live sequences with slow-motion shots is a feature that primarily stands out within these two videos in particular and I feel that I've used them to full effect on my video.

On the night of shooting the narrative sections, we had to call a whole different group of actors in the last minute who all helped a great deal in making this video happen for me. The plot was similar to the original plot that I had on my previous storyboards, but instead of the bedroom scene, we used the toilets, and so on...

I feel that I'm still following the conventions of Hardcore/Punk Rock music by using an interweaving storyline within my video, mainly due to the fact that the Hardcore genre itself features videos which include a lot of narrative, such as "Psychosocial" and "The Bleeding" by "Five Finger Death Punch".




FINAL BEARTRAP ALBUM COVER DESIGN



FINAL BEARTRAP DIGIPAK DESIGN



BEARTRAP WEBSITE DESIGN SCREENSHOTS

6 screenshots of the website design process have been put up on my Flickr:
Flickr

I then used Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 to create my links and additional pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment